Okay, so maybe I'm being a little melodramatic, since I'm not quite desperate enough to work at McDonald's...yet. But somehow it's already November, which is the dreaded month that my loans have to be paid back in. November seems to be a bad month for me. Examples: I got my braces on in November, back in 3rd grade. I got them taken off on November too, in 8th grade. I've traditionally gotten my yearly checkup in November, which has been pushed back to December since I'm not in Florida in November anymore (and I'm too chicken to find a new doctor), but has been replaced by getting the flu shot this month instead. Come to think of it, maybe it's just November 11th that doesn't like me, because all these events have coincided with my birthday, including the date on the loan bill. Hmm. Maybe life is trying to tell me something.
Anyway, as I sit here at the kitchen table, snacking on pan dulce and egg nog while chestnuts roast in the oven, it appears that Christmas will be here before you know it. As much as I love hanging out with Max, playing with him for a few hours a day isn't enough to pay the bills and keep food on the table for me and Marmie (can't let my poor chubby boy starve to death!). So I'm applying for a part-time job at the local grocery store.
Before you tell me "hey, a job is a job," consider this statement: "Hi, I have a Masters degree from an Ivy League school....paper or plastic?" Yeah. It's just as depressing as it sounds.
Let's just hope that 2011 will start off with a bang. Or at least, a decent job offer.
Ughhhh job searches are the worst. I gotta figure out what I'm going to do if/when I don't get into med school this year... something besides working as a lab tech again, if at all possible, but I can't be too picky, either, with loans to pay off. ㅠㅠ
ReplyDeleteCome chill with me at the beach! We can be losers who have masters degrees but work at the grocery store together! (and it'll be a little less depressing...)
ReplyDeleteMaybe I could finally learn to drive and work as an EMT!
ReplyDelete...An EMT with a Master's degree. - -;;
You be the EMT, I'll be the driver. We can be our own two-person snobbishly overqualified ambulance!
ReplyDelete