Anyway, since I seem to find myself with a little extra time on my hands, I thought I'd chronicle it for anyone bored enough to read about it. Just as a little background info, I'm currently living at the Jersey Shore (no, it's nothing like the TV show. This is the classy part of New Jersey), at my aunt's beach house which is a block and a half from the beach. I live here alone with my orange cat, creatively named Marmalade, who generally loves this house but isn't quite sure what to do about the slowly dropping temperatures. He's a Floridian. I'm pretty sure he's going to be very confused when it starts snowing in a month or two. I just started babysitting a 20 month old boy named Max, who's probably one of the cutest kids ever. He's just learning how to talk and he's quite smart. Today I told him his hamburger comes from a cow. His eyes got huge for a second as he digested that information, and then he pointed at the meat on his tray and said, "cow. moo." I'm pretty sure he'll never call it hamburger again.
My days are filled with Marmalade, Max, and.....cooking, one of my favorite new hobbies. I'll be posting pictures of yummy things I make, with the recipes if I can remember what I threw in the pot and in what quantities. Sometimes I'm good about that, and sometimes I just start getting creative. The outcomes are quite hit or miss, but the hits generally outnumber the misses so I'm considering myself a success in the kitchen.
So strap yourself into your high chair and join me on this new adventure in unemployment!
Even though it sucks to be unemployed, it's also nice to have a little time off from all the stress. Man, I should have moved to NYC instead of DC, and then it might actually have been possible to visit you on occasion. :P
ReplyDelete